Saturday, July 7, 2007

Still Writing!

I'm still writing on Masks. I've been putting in more words these past couple of days because I'm all emotionally messy--this happens sometimes (well, maybe all the time but I don't always notice) when my hormones are in an uproar. PMS can be a muse.

Ew.

Anyway, Mark is about to find out What's Really Going On, and it's going to scare him. I'm eager to see which way he's going to jump. I suspect he's going to want to run. Running has become a habit because it's paid off for him really well so far. Being what he is and where he is, though, he won't be able to run. His plan B will probably be a mess, and this will lead to pain.

You know, like Yoda said. Fear leads to running. Running leads to success. Success leads to danger. Danger leads to entrapment. Entrapment leads to error, and error leads to Suffering.

Or something like that.

On an acquisitions note, I just got a bunch of cassette tapes. I really would prefer to have a CD burner and burn CDs, but there you have it. So now I can recreate the Masks soundtrack that I painstakingly put together and promptly lost, and maybe do a Masks2 and Asmokai soundtrack (because the second book, Asmokai, is coming together scarily fast in my head) as well as some road tapes for going to and from work because I'm getting tired of the one I've got for that purpose.

One of these days I'll post the complete soundtrack list. For now, I'm happily listening to "Edge of the Ocean" by IVY, which will definitely go on Masks2 (unless it bumps one of the more lackluster tracks on the original Masks.) Other songs include "Go Let It Out" by Oasis, "Live to Tell" by Madonna, "Clocks" by Coldplay, "Ordinary World" by Duran Duran, "Fear" by Sarah McLachlan, "I'm With You" by Avril Lavigne, "Calling All Angels" by Train, "Kiss Them for Me" by Siouxsie and the Banshees, and "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson.

No comments: