Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A month past the middle

We're a month past the middle of the year. How are everyone's goals coming along?

I'd love to write all day today, but I have outside chores galore. Maybe when the day gets super hot I'll slink in and do some writing. It's not too much of a hassle, though. Butterflies galore out there, the hummingbirds providing entertainment via constant warfare, goldfinches flitting around the feeders--it's all good.

Last night Mark went out into a storm. I didn't do as much with it as I could have, so I may go back today and plump it up. It could be as much a symbolic event as a real one. No need to keep writing no matter what--that's one of the few nice things about editing as opposed to first draft writing. I give myself permission to go back and change things or rewrite scenes when that's what I feel like doing.

Today, in Mark's life, the party, where bad things will happen.

1 comment:

C. Jane Reid said...

I'm still paging out toward my yearly goal! I ended up taking most of July off by sheer accident, and then embraced the lack of typing to finish other projects and to give me some mulling time. I came up with some Very Good Stuff from my Comet-Crossed story which will help me build the synopsis. I'm still reeling from the insight of character intention. How can something so simple take so long to digest and manifest into practice? Just goes to show you never really learn it all, just what you need when you need it.