Friday, July 20, 2007

Staggering

I am awaking from a long sleep at last. I'm not sure the cause, but my actually sleeping hasn't been useful so I've been sleep-walking through the days, which have been packed with activities like cleaning, editing, watching five girls under the age of 10, cooking, taking the dog out, and trying not to yawn too big in case I dislocate my jaw.

I finally felt as though I slept through the night, with gentle dreams that didn't leave me breathlessly awake and wondering if it all really happened or if I was actually dreaming.

So today is a gift and I'm taking it easy. No rushing for me. I haven't written much of anything in the last few days, but I've been conspiring on stories in my head in a day-dream short of fashion. Now that I've chosen which story to submit to the Orycon writers workshop, I'm arguing with myself to change it. I think my original decision will win, if only because there are more words for the submission in that one. And I have the synopsis half thought out.

It was good to be editing again, even though I had to fight through the fog to make a coherent thought. Hopefully Carole got something useful out of my remarks and thank goodness I don't have to try to be useful on the second part of Masks for Kami until next week. That gives me time to read back through it. By the way, Kami, when I got to the end of the section, I didn't want it to be the end. I was tempted to e-mail you and demand more. How's that for a critique?

No comments: