Friday, February 29, 2008

Short?

I wrote a short story yesterday, the first one in a year.  It's not a good length for me, and I think the lack of dynamic plot is telling.  This could easily be the first chapter of a book, it's so quiet.  (Nooooooooooooooooooooo!)

But I'll submit it to INK the next time around and see what happens.  

The things I'll do to avoid working on taxes.  Now I have a list of avoidance.  Things that are higher on the list will get done before things on the bottom of the list in an effort to avoid doing the things on the bottom of the list.

Vacuum, do dishes
Work on a troublesome novel opening
Wash windows, scrub out tubs and toilets
Trim cat claws
Write a short story
Work on taxes

1 comment:

C. Jane Reid said...

I was just thinking about writing a short story myself. Must be something in the air.