Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Dove Gray Disappointment

I received a rejection from the wonderful Nelson Literary Agency for my partial of Masks.  I'm disappointed, but also I'm aware that they have to be very, very selective.  They get so many queries, so many partials, so many manuscripts that if I was asked for a full manuscript I'd be very, very surprised (and delighted!)  They reminded me in the rejection that these things are subjective, and after Nathan's contest I can agree heartily.  I'm not taking it personally.  But the stars that danced in my eyes the past few days have fallen to earth.  Time to start my weekly query schedule again.  Hopefully I'll be looking at stars again soon!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No worries, Kami! There's always tomorrow's promise of success. I recommend picking a rejection count goal. Mine is actually 50. I won't worry a snit about how many rejections I have UNTIL I reach rejection 50. Then I'll start to worry ... But that feeling of euphoria you felt ... that's what it's all about, folks. Just love that feeling, don't you??
~Cheri

C.S. said...

I'm sorry but what Cheri said. No worries. Carry onward and prepare another couple of queries to send out!

Kami said...

I did love the feeling. This could get addictive. Heh. I've still got a good number of queries out and I'll add to that number by Monday.

One week from tomorrow we'll be leaving for RadCon, Carole. Are you ready!?

C. Jane Reid said...

I like Cherie's idea!!

C.S. said...

I am as ready for RadCon as I could possibly be! The question is, are you?

We need a chat.