Sunday, February 10, 2008

Escape

My brain is looking for escape routes.  Yesterday I wanted to write on anything except what I was supposed to.  Last night I even came up with a new story idea.  This morning I came up with more ideas--luckily one was for Masks--but the primary idea was for a project that has been on a backburner and will probably stay there for a long time.  I can blame my heavy schedule for this bout of escapism, but that would be just an excuse.  I know how to kick this.  Write anyway.

Definitely owe INK a dollar, and considering Radcon, that'll be another dollar because I'm not going to get a sub in by next Monday either.  Might as well pay up now.  But hey, after Radcon I'll be home free for quite a while.  With two day jobs days of work a week, three max, and the fact that lately my schedule has been arranged so that the workdays are consecutive, I'll have a lot more free time to get writing projects done.  I'm really, really looking forward to that.  Radcon has become my Thunderdome, and all I want to do is get beyond it (she said, dating herself yet again.)  I'm sure once I get there, though, I'll have such a blast that I'll forget all about these silly things called deadlines and goals, at least for a while.


2 comments:

C.S. said...

Are you having second thoughts about going to RadCon?

Kami said...

Oh, not at all! I'm looking forward to it! I'm also looking forward to it being over, if that makes sense. I've got so much to do and prepping for Radcon is taking a huge number of hours out of each day that I'm not working at my day job. I've had very, very little time to write and do art, and those things I guard jealously.

Without events like Radcon, though, my art would have almost no point and my writing would have less point than it does. So yay Radcon! And yay to spending a lot of time with you, Carole, and to hanging out with the big boys (and girls) for a long weekend. It's going to be a total blast.