Sunday, December 2, 2007

Kami's website goes live, sort of

Okay, there's no "sort of" about it.  If you go to kzmiller.com my website will be there.  I'm still having some issues with the iPower interface, including one that I'm trying to fix even as I'm typing this.  I'm on hold, and will be for a long, long time.  I think I spent four hours on hold, not all at once but on three different calls, yesterday.  The one I'm having now involves me not being able to edit some things, including prices on books that shouldn't have prices.  :-)  It's one of those things that Rory saw and I hadn't noticed when I went live, but when I tried to go back and fix and publish the fixes, I get an error message.  Grr.  I'm sure it's something super simple, but I can't figure it out.

Rory's site is up.  www.chirontraining.com  All the errors and weirdness are mine.  At about 1:30 am I called it quits and went live.  At 10:00am the next day I was reading it and realized it made absolutely no frickin' sense. Well, one page in particular.  But Rory can go in and fix it and edit at his leisure when he has time.  I think it looks okay for now.

Everything is backwards from how I'm used to feeling.  Normally I feel fairly computer savvy with no business presence.  Now I'm starting to feel things slide the other direction.  I'm starting to have a small business presence, but as if I have only so much 'stuff' to work with and I have to give up one for the other, I'm losing my ability to interface with the computer in the ways I need to.

It's all in good fun though.  I hope this generates some interest in my work!  That would be fabulous.

No comments: