Saturday, December 29, 2007

Decision to Defer WotF Entry

After long consideration, I have decided to defer my entry for Writers of the Future to the first quarter of 2008 (March deadline).

Basically, this boiled down to number of hours available to complete the work. I had pretty extensive rework to do to get the NaNoWriMo novel-length piece down to short story size and complete the story arc and had been working on it extensively - to the detriment of balance in other activities. Ultimately, keeping up my 1000 word a day habit and delivering on my objective to submit for INK took priority and bumped the later objective.

This schedule modification will allow me to finish the changes to the story and have it reviewed by INK before submitting to WotF.

I'm a bit disappointed in myself, but that is tempered by the submission for the January 4th INK meeting and I'm focusing on looking forward to that feedback. I'm also pleased by having the time to submit the new story to INK and update for feedback before submitting to WotF.

See you all on the 4th!

1 comment:

Kami said...

I think in the end that if you'd pushed yourself you would have had a sense that you'd submitted substandard work to WotF. Whether that sense was accurate is something we can debate, but that isn't really the point. This wouldn't have been a case of you rejecting your own work. It's a missed deadline, a critter of a different coat. I hope you learned positive things from it.

See you January 4rth!