Thursday, March 1, 2007

Again.

I've begun the rewrite on last November's NaNo project. I really don't know what I was waiting for but the pressure of feeling overwhelmed and hopeless at that task was finally too much and I buckled down today at Chapter 1. Ugh, the words just will not flow even though the basics are there for the most part to work with . . . which brings me to today's word: Practice.

You all know I can write about anything; I can babble even better, but can I write well about anything? I'm learning. Novel writing isn't like blog entries, though a part of me thinks it should be. I've read some wordy and elegant blogs whose text could have come from a book. Then there are the 'U speek' versions which obviously aren't, at least not yet.

I've read some very funny blogs that I wish were books along with me wishing I were their authors. But my blog isn't funny or elegant and it's certainly not my novel. I have my blog voice which is very practiced and my novel voice which isn't and the only thing that will bring the latter up to speed is practice, lots and lots of practice.

Even though the weather begs to differ, car show season officially began last week. It's time for me to get back into my car show story and practice.

No comments: